October 14, 2012

He will not drown

Did you know there are 19 muscles in the forearm?  19!  Each with its own purpose.  The more Matt learns (and the teeny bits that I pick up here and there), the more I marvel at our Intelligent Designer.  The infinite wisdom that belongs to Him!

Matt is currently in the musculoskeletal block of his studies, which has long been rumored around here to be one of the hardest blocks of med school.  By the looks of things and by Matt's verbal confirmation, this rumor is true.  The sheer volume of information he is responsible to learn boggles my mind, and I get a slight headache if I even casually glance over at the diagrams in his books.  The fire hydrant has morphed into NIAGARA FALLS.


While he might spend more time with his assigned cadaver than with me, I trust that God's promises are true and have been praying this on Matt's behalf:

My cry -
"Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck...Don't let the floods overwhelm me, or the deep waters swallow me...Answer my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful." - Psalm 69

God's promise - 
"When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you.  When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown!...For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." - Isaiah 43

No comments:

Post a Comment