November 18, 2012

My Bucket List

I like to think about eternity, and sometimes I long for heaven - to be rid of this world and be with my Lord in person, forever.

Buuuut, I'm not there.  I'm here.

My older brother once told me that only 3 things last forever:  God, God's Word, and people's souls, and that I need to invest myself in all three.

I believe this.

That said, while I'm here on this Earth, I decided to make a little bucket list of less important things I would also like to do.


Here be that list (in no particular order):

1. Visit NYC (I've never been!)

2. While there, see a Broadway show
3. Own a real camera and learn how to use it

4. Go skydiving (Matt isn't comfortable with me doing this, but I'm hopeful he'll warm up to it)

5. Repaint a piece of furniture

6. Acquire an impressive collection of classic British literature, read them all, and display them on beautiful, built-in bookshelves

7. Have children


8. Can something (like pickles)

9. Globe trot with Matt to Europe and Southeast Asia 

10. Grow a successful garden

11. Run a marathon (nah)

12. Master the moonwalk


13. Paint or draw something that I would be glad to hang in my home


14. Start a school

15. Get Lasik

16. Find cool things at thrift shops and relish in my savings


That's it for now.  Perhaps some of these are overly ambitious, others not ambitious enough. 

It is what it is.

I figure I'll be adding new items to my list as time goes by and as I (hopefully) accomplish some of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment