September 22, 2013

Another year. Another Plaza Art Fair.

It's that time of year again!

Time for the 82nd annual Plaza Art Fair.

Last year, I attended as a Kansas City newbie and wrote about the experience here.

This year, with a year of residency under my belt, I felt right at home.

Here's a glimpse.

standing by my favorite painting of the day (the one with the leaves)













This year, I kept gravitating towards calm, nature-y paintings.

This one was part of a "clouds" collection.
(pardon the reflection)

I thought this one was fun.  It just evokes "Girls Weekend Getaway" doesn't it?  That would be a good title for it, I think.
And the drippy paint acting like rain in this one bid me stare at it, even though it's a very different feel from the happy one above.
kind of mesmerizing
She had a whole collection like that.


Another artist was displaying these, made from clay.  Matt wasn't a fan, but I thought the white-on-white was somehow appealing.
There was no shortage of sculptures.  Made from all kinds of materials.

I've been into blues and greens lately, so these paintings attracted my attention, even if they might be considered boring (and easy to come by) compared to the conversation pieces in the other booths.











It was perfect weather for sitting in the grass and eating lunch by the water (which, regrettably, I didn't do).  No wind.  Low 70s.  Clear.  Perfect.











So here's to you, Plaza Art Fair!  You did not disappoint and did a fine job ushering in Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment