March 15, 2013

Earring Holder craft

This week, I made a craft to organize my beloved cheap Target earring collection.

Behold.

It hangs in my bathroom.

This was my earring situation for a long time:
cluttered

This is the earring situation now:
neat rows



I can now see in one easy glance where this or that pair of earrings is located.

It saves me time and hopefully will better protect them from damage.

The craft itself is not complicated.  There are many similar Pinterest ideas to copy or tweak.

Here's how I did mine:
  1. Spray paint unused frame a color of choice.  I found my frame at Goodwill for $0.99 and used Krylon indoor/outdoor gloss spray paint in white.
  2. Leave frame outside for a day to air out so as not to develop horrific lung disease.
  3. Nail (or staple gun) wire to back sides of frame.  I used tiny nails and wrapped the wire around them.
  4. Hang earrings, use, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment