September 4, 2012

Farewell dear Colorado (part 2)

Matt loves animals.  So one of our favorite places in Colorado Springs was the zoo.  The best part about this zoo is that you can feed the giraffes.  Here are some memories from our last outing there before we moved.





The next best part, besides feeding the giraffes, is watching the Grizzlies play.  Right about now, I was wondering how thick that pane of glass is.


Peacocks just roam free in this zoo.  This one decided to give us a little show!
A couple other Colorado Springs "Matt and Liane favorites" worth a shout out are:
Montague's Coffee Shop
Thai Basil - our favorite little hole in the wall Thai restaurant
9 times out of 10, date night meant Thai Basil.  And that was just fine with me.  They have the best green curry.  And we could share one big bowl for 8 dollars!  Can't beat that.



But more precious to us than any of these places is our Colorado friends.

Before we moved, they had a going away picnic for us at the park.


It was a group effort; Jenni (on the left) planned most of the details.  Thanks, Jenni!


Caitlin (above) made this fantastic photo book for us that everyone signed.  So special!  It is now sitting by my reading chair so that I can look through it and reminisce whenever I please.  I'm such a sucker for sentiment.  I love that Caitlin thought to do this.


It's true, I think, that people you encounter leave an impression on you - some kind of impression.  Each of these people have left an impression on me.  I have learned from their different life experiences, observed skills they have been granted, taken note as they share their views.  I appreciate their idiosyncrasies and smile to myself when thinking about them.  We have shared laughs and tears, life's frustrations and joys, with each other. I am forever grateful to the Lord for crossing my path with these, my dear Colorado friends.
And here we are a couple of days later, standing in our empty apartment, about to head into the unknown of Kansas City.

As we were driving away, the Lord brought these promises to mind:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
- Jeremiah 29:11

"I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you."
- Psalm 32:8

There is nothing like being His and having promises made to you that you know are going to be fulfilled.

So as we say goodbye to our dear Colorado, we say hello to this new place where our Good Shepherd has led us.  I look forward to sharing some "Hello, Kansas City" moments in the weeks to come.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Li! I love that you have a blog. What special friends you had here (and still have!) I hope you'll develop those same close-knit relationships in your new home. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures! Take care xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your memories and LOVE feeding the giraffes at the zoo (I like that their tongues feel like sandpaper!) I think of you often, miss you so much and pray you are well and enjoying your new home and new school. Thanks for sharing the blog!

    ReplyDelete