September 29, 2012

Liberty Fall Festival

I took advantage of some more free entertainment today and made my way up to the Liberty Fall Festival.  (Liberty is a town just north of Kansas City.)  I met up with some new friends from my church small group.

First, we watched the hometown parade.  Down the street came several LOUD vrooming dune buggies (babies were crying), cheerleaders, trucks advertising politicians, high school mascots, and a guy dressed like a christmas tree.  I didn't quite know what to make of it all.

Then we just mozied around.  There were carnival rides (no thanks) and turkey legs and pumpkins and people selling their homemade sauces, soaps, scarves, and jewelry...  One lady was giving out free hugs.

Don't you love repainted, distressed furniture?  So much character.










And right there among all the fun and festivities I looked up and saw this - a bank robbed by none other than Jesse James himself.


Nothing like paying homage to a notorious criminal
The more time I spend here, the more I am coming to know and appreciate the local "flavor."

The Lord has provided different pockets of community for me in this new place.  The people pictured above are lovely and have become one of those cherished pockets these past few weeks.  I am so grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment